Monday, September 14, 2009

In art does the following: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary, Quinary, Senary, Septenary, Octonary, Nonary, Denary, mean anything to you?

The following words:Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary, Quinary, Senary, Septenary, Octonary, Nonary, Denary influences are relevant in Generalism. I would be lying if I say that I actually studied and contemplated in detail how the aforementioned has an impact on Generalism, but it is an interesting concept to explore. Especially in art.





As I mentioned on previous occasions, the primary influence on my art is Picasso and Giacometti. I consider all other artists as Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary, Quinary, Senary, Septenary, Octonary, Nonary, Denary influences.

To be more precise, Secondary influences will be a few famous Figurative Monochrome artists, like Celmins, Richter, Boldini, Pei Ming, Papetti etc., and also artists focused on the stylized figure like Basquiat, Miro, Du Buffet, Bacon etc.
Because I have used "A History of Modern Art" as my main reference throughout my career I must have Tertiary, Quaternary, Quinary, Senary, Septenary, Octonary, Nonary, Denary influences, as I believe that every photograph or painting I have seen must have influenced me in some way.
With this article I do not pretend that I am extremely intelligent, and have complete mastery of the English language (If you ask me to repeat all the words I have used in this article I probably will be unable to do it) but the concept of an artist being influenced by every picture he has ever seen (to me at least) is an interesting one.
Conrad Bo
conradbo.yolasite.com


No comments:

Post a Comment